- NCEBC Talk Radio featuring the NUA - co-hosted by Dr. Eric Cooper, founder and president of the NUA, and Dr. Nicole Walters, Regional Director, NUA. Check here for recordings of these shows.
- Yvette Jackson, NUA CEO, and Veronica McDermott, NUA Regional Director, interviewed September, 2012 on ASCD Edge,
discussing their new book, “Aim High, Achieve More” and the concept of “fearless leadership.” Listen
- Yvette Jackson and Veronica McDermott interviewed 8/22/2012 on “Education Talk Radio”discussing “Aim High, Achieve More.” Listen
- Students at Bridgeport’s Beardsley Elementary School wrote, recorded, and produced a radio show on the topic “what success sounds like.” Listen
- NUA CEO Yvette Jackson on the ASCD “The Whole Child” Podcast (February 2009) Listen
- NUA Director of Curriculum Development Stefanie Rome explains what it means to approach pedagogy from a cultural standpoint (ASCD, 2009) Listen
- NUA CEO Yvette Jackson interviewed by ASCD (October 2008) Listen
- President Eric Cooper interviewed on the BBC’s “Talking America.” (October, 2008) Listen
- Eric Cooper interviewed on WAMC’s “The Best of Our Knowledge” (January 2008 Listen
- Malcolm Gladwell on IQ and Race (December 2007) Listen
- Eric Cooper interviewed on NPR’s WAMC (October, 2007) Listen
- A Year at Mission Hill A 10-part video series chronicling the rhythms and relationships of a year in the life of one of America’s most successful public schools.
- “A Diagnosed Boy” is a documentary from Danish National TV, Channel 2 telling the moving story of young Silas, whose parents brought him from Denmark to the Feuerstein Institute in Jerusalem and how this affected the boy and his family.
- Yvette Jackson on the Common Core State Standards (Stanford SCOPE Brown Bag Seminar, January 2013)
- Yvette Jackson, Keynote speaker at Partners in Education (School of Education
California State University, Chico, October, 2012)
- Yvette Jackson Alliance for Excellent Education Webinar (November, 2011) Topic: “”Personalizing High School: Breaking Barriers to High Achievement”
- Yvette Jackson Spotlight on Poverty Webcast (November, 2011) Topic: “Children in Poverty and the Common Core Standards”
- High Level Teaching Practices for Engagement and Critical Thinking Yvette Jackson, Chief Executive Officer, National Urban Alliance for Effective Education and author of the Pedagogy of Confidence: Inspiring High Intellectual Performance in Urban Schools, identifies the high-level teaching practices that elicit students’ deep engagement and critical thinking.
- Critical Thinking Skills for ELA and Mathematics Common Core State Standards Yvette Jackson talks about the integration of critical thinking skills within the English language arts and mathematics common core state standards.
- Importance of Feedback to Advance Learning Yvette Jackson talks about the importance of feedback to advance student learning.
- Making Learning Relevant Yvette Jackson discusses making learning relevant to the student.
- CNN coverage of NUA (May, 2011)
- Soft Bigotry of Low Expectations (October, 2010)
- Albany TV interview with Eric Cooper (2006)
- NUA on YouTube
- NUA on TeacherTube – access a “video album” of our videos on TeacherTube
- Art Costa receives the NUA Lifetime Achievement Award