Who We Are
Since our founding in 1989 at Columbia University’s Teachers College, the National Urban Alliance for Effective Education has provided professional development, advocacy and organizational guidance that transform urban and suburban schools.
What We Advocate
Underpinning all of our activities is our powerful advocacy for children and youth. We work with students, teachers, superintendents, central office staff, principals, building-based leaders, and communities to advocate for high expectations for all, active learning, and authentic tasks.
In The News
- Poverty Costs Us All, But Children of Color Pay the Highest Price | Eric Cooper November 28, 2013
- Brain Science Gives Us Evidence That Effort — Not IQ or ZIP Code — Paves the Path to Success November 20, 2013
- Exposing More Students to What We Know Works | Eric Cooper November 18, 2013
- To Charter School or Not to Charter School — That's Not the Real Question October 26, 2013
- A Teacher's Cry for Help October 13, 2013