The IGH/NUA partnership began in 2013 and includes five schools covering grades K-12: Hilltop, Pine Bend, and Salem Hills Elementary Schools, Inver Grove Heights Middle School, and Simley High School.
The partnership goals are related to the Pedagogy of Confidence (POC) based on the Cyclical District Goals for Curriculum and Instruction. They are:
- Improved Student Outcomes
- Aligned Curriculum, Instruction and Assessments
- Multi-tiered Levels of Support
- Family and Community Partnerships
- Professional Development and Instructional Leadership
NUA interacts with the district in the areas of professional development and instructional leadership with the High Operational Practices of the Pedagogy of Confidence goals of:
- Building positive relationships between and among students and teachers
- Amplifying student voice
- Activating student strengths
- Connecting prerequisites
- Situating learning in the lives of students
- Focusing on High Intellectual Performance
- Providing Enrichment
The Course of Study designed around the Pedagogy of Confidence’s High Operational Practices provides the framework to:
- Improve Classroom Climate
- Empower Student Self-Directed Learning
- Inform Culturally Responsive Teaching
- Achieve High Intellectual Performance
- Increase Student Engagement and Motivation
- Connect learning goals for sustainability and teacher professional growth
- Understand and use of Minnesota Common Core State Standards.
Inver Grove Heights is situated on the west bank of the Mississippi River, just 10 minutes south of St. Paul and 15 minutes from Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. The city is home to approximately 30,000 residents and is expected to reach a population of 44,000 by 2020.
The vision of Inver Grove Heights Community Schools is to create learning environments that provide for high student achievement so all learners are academically and socially prepared for life-long learning.
The mission of the Inver Grove Heights Community Schools is to provide a challenging education through which all learners achieve success in a diverse society. This will be accomplished through:
- safe and caring environments;
- a strong and stimulating curriculum;
- high academic standards;
- respect, honesty and accountability in all relationships;
- effective and innovative teaching;
- open communication and partnerships with families and community
- facilities that support and enhance learning