- A Year at Mission Hill A 10-part video series chronicling the rhythms and relationships of a year in the life of one of America’s most successful public schools.
- “A Diagnosed Boy” is a documentary from Danish National TV, Channel 2 telling the moving story of young Silas, whose parents brought him from Denmark to the Feuerstein Institute in Jerusalem and how this affected the boy and his family.
- Yvette Jackson on the Common Core State Standards (Stanford SCOPE Brown Bag Seminar, January 2013)
- Yvette Jackson, Keynote speaker at Partners in Education (School of Education
California State University, Chico, October, 2012)
- Yvette Jackson Alliance for Excellent Education Webinar (November, 2011) Topic: “”Personalizing High School: Breaking Barriers to High Achievement”
- Yvette Jackson Spotlight on Poverty Webcast (November, 2011) Topic: “Children in Poverty and the Common Core Standards”
- High Level Teaching Practices for Engagement and Critical Thinking Yvette Jackson, Chief Executive Officer, National Urban Alliance for Effective Education and author of the Pedagogy of Confidence: Inspiring High Intellectual Performance in Urban Schools, identifies the high-level teaching practices that elicit students’ deep engagement and critical thinking.
- Critical Thinking Skills for ELA and Mathematics Common Core State Standards Yvette Jackson talks about the integration of critical thinking skills within the English language arts and mathematics common core state standards.
- Importance of Feedback to Advance Learning Yvette Jackson talks about the importance of feedback to advance student learning.
- Making Learning Relevant Yvette Jackson discusses making learning relevant to the student.
- CNN coverage of NUA (May, 2011)
- Soft Bigotry of Low Expectations (October, 2010)
- Albany TV interview with Eric Cooper (2006)
- NUA on YouTube
- NUA on TeacherTube – access a “video album” of our videos on TeacherTube
- Art Costa receives the NUA Lifetime Achievement Award
In The News
- Transforming Learning and Teaching Through the Pedagogy of Confidence May 19, 2013
- The Hope Factor May 16, 2013
- In Education, Solutions Should Celebrate May 16, 2013
- Changing the Way We Look at Change: Three Ideas to Transform Learning and Teaching April 26, 2013