- Yvette Jacksonand Veronica McDermott: “Why It Takes Fearless Teaching to Unlock Student Potential“
- NCEBC Talk Radio featuring the NUA – co-hosted by Dr. Eric Cooper, founder and president of the NUA, and Dr. Nicole Walters, Regional Director, NUA. Check here for recordings of these shows.
- Yvette Jackson, NUA CEO, and Veronica McDermott, NUA Regional Director, interviewed September, 2012 on ASCD Edge,
discussing their new book, “Aim High, Achieve More” and the concept of “fearless leadership.” Listen
- Yvette Jackson and Veronica McDermott interviewed 8/22/2012 on “Education Talk Radio”discussing “Aim High, Achieve More.” Listen
- Students at Bridgeport’s Beardsley Elementary School wrote, recorded, and produced a radio show on the topic “what success sounds like.” Listen
- NUA CEO Yvette Jackson on the ASCD “The Whole Child” Podcast (February 2009) Listen
- NUA Director of Curriculum Development Stefanie Rome explains what it means to approach pedagogy from a cultural standpoint (ASCD, 2009) Listen
- NUA CEO Yvette Jackson interviewed by ASCD (October 2008) Listen
- President Eric Cooper interviewed on the BBC’s “Talking America.” (October, 2008) Part 1, Part 2
- Eric Cooper interviewed on WAMC’s “The Best of Our Knowledge” (January 2008 Listen
- Eric Cooper interviewed on NPR’s WAMC (October, 2007) Listen
The Need to Believe
Talitha Simeona, MA is a recent addition to the National Urban Alliance family. In addition to her work as a mentor-in-training with NUA, Simeona is a district-wide mentor to first-year teachers in Prince George’s County, Maryland.
Blog & News
@NUATC on Twitter"A New Racial Literacy for Educational Equity” Oct 19, Buffalo NY. Features NUA’s Mahiri & Jackson goo.gl/zuQGC6
What We Advocate
Underpinning all of our activities is our powerful advocacy for children and youth. We work with students, teachers, superintendents, central office staff, principals, building-based leaders, and communities to advocate for high expectations for all, active learning, and authentic tasks.